function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Emmy KlugEmmy Klug 

Can you have an Opportunity URL Field reflect that same URL Field in the Contact Page? So my team would manually update the Opportunity URL field and it would automatically update the Contact URL Field?

The Contact URL field would be read only I believe, but I still want to be able to click the URL in the Contact Page and have it bring me to that URL. 
Nathan EhrmannNathan Ehrmann
You can certainly add a Custom URL Field to Contact and then define trigger logic so that when a Contact is added to an Opportunity Contact Role record, this field gets updated with a link to that Opportunity.
Emmy KlugEmmy Klug
I don't want a link to that Opportunity I'd just like it to work like this: 

Opportunity Field URL gets updated manually by a user and then the Contact Field URL gets updated automatically with that same URL. 

Let me know if that makes sense and if it's possible! 
Nathan EhrmannNathan Ehrmann
I am not following unfortunately. There is no standard direct relationship between Contact and Opportunity. We have the following data model from Salesforce as a standard:

User-added image
You could write a trigger so that when a user updates a field on Opportunity, the system gathers up all Contacts from the same Account as the Opportunity and gives a field that same value on the Contacts. You could set this field as read-only on the page layout so that the only way people are updating it is by updating an Opportunity.