function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Nevin O'Regan 3Nevin O'Regan 3 

Invalid Number Error

Hi guys,

I'm having a bit of a nightmare using data loader to mass upload records to a custom object. I have extracted data from one custom object and I'm uploading the data into another object.

The field is question is Quantity__c and both are of type number with a length of 18 and 0 decimal places. I have changed the format in the .csv file to reflect this but it just is not accepting the data.

Has anyone faced a similar issue and if so how did you resolve it?
Best Answer chosen by Nevin O'Regan 3
Hi Preyanka,

I figured out what the issue was eventually with the help of Salesforce support. By default my data loader settings had to be changed. In there I had to enable 'Use Bulk API' and if fixed the issue that I was facing. 

All Answers

Raj VakatiRaj Vakati
Can you check the Quantity__c fomrate in CSV and make sure its a Number and you are mapping to the correct field 

And see which rows are failing .. 
PreyankaPreyanka
Hello Nevin,

Please extract the data using csv format and use the same to upload.

OR

Please do not change the format of existing document in .csv format, rather create a new .csv document and then copy the content from old one to new one. And map the field and try to upload.

Thanks
Preyanka 
Hi Preyanka,

I figured out what the issue was eventually with the help of Salesforce support. By default my data loader settings had to be changed. In there I had to enable 'Use Bulk API' and if fixed the issue that I was facing. 
This was selected as the best answer