function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Krish NKrish N 

How to add hyperlink to custom case numbers in Reports

Hello,
We have a visualforce page which is used to input details about quality issues and create cases. I've created a custom case number field for newly created cases in an auto-numbered format. I've to create reports of these new cases based on it's status. Once I run the report, I want the custom case number to be rendered with a hyperlink, by which, I can directly browse to the case by clicking on the custom case number, just as the way for a standard case number. I would like to ignore the standard case numbers in reporting to avoid confusion among the users. How do I create the hyperlink? I want the below case numbers starting with QR to be in hyperlink. 

User-added image
Best Answer chosen by Krish N
Raj VakatiRaj Vakati
You cannot able to do it .. When you create a Custom case Number with the URL which should navigate the record id url and which will open the visual force page  .

Either you have to remove the visual force page on the view override   or create a custom formula  text field to show the case number for reporting ..

All Answers

Raj VakatiRaj Vakati
You cannot able to do it .. When you create a Custom case Number with the URL which should navigate the record id url and which will open the visual force page  .

Either you have to remove the visual force page on the view override   or create a custom formula  text field to show the case number for reporting ..

This was selected as the best answer
Krish NKrish N
Hello Raj,

I don't want it to be redirected to the vf page. I just want it to be directed to the standard case page layout, the same way when we click on the standard case number. There's a custom button to the vf page in the layout which will be used to access the page. Is there any workaround for it?  
Raj VakatiRaj Vakati
Try some think like this 

'/' + case.Id +  '?nooverride=1';

Krish NKrish N
I've tried this HYPERLINK("/" & Id, My_Custom_Case_Number__c) and it's working fine. Thankyou for your suggestion.
Raj VakatiRaj Vakati
This is the one  i created on account where i override view with the visualforce page .. 

After click on link its not going into the VF page it will open standard one 

User-added image