function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
dcgb2332dcgb2332 

Auto-Populate Custom Field in Web Tab for Tasks

Hi Guys,
I've created a web tab for tasks. The issue is, there's no "account name" field. I've tried creating the custom field "Account Name" within the task, by selecting look up, but it doesn't work. Do you have any idea how I may go about doing this? Maybe with a formula field? I've already exhausted the number of SQL queries we can have (I have three apex triggers running) and I don't want to amend any of said triggers or create a new one, unless absolutely necessary. Really, all I need is for it to populate the field using the same information the task pulls the "related to" number from.

One more thing.. my org is married to SF Classic, and has no desire to migrate to Lightning.  I've looked through a bunch of other quesions, but they mostly reference "contacts" or a VF scenario in Lightning.

Thanks!
Waqar Hussain SFWaqar Hussain SF
Hello Sabrina,

You can either create a before insert trigger on task to auto populate Account in WhatId field of task based on the Account Name text field.

Or another option is to populate whatID using flow and trigger that flow using process builder when the task is created.