function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
bbernstebbernste 

Creating a concatenated field

Hello, please excuse my novice Salesforce skills and question in advance.  My use case is being able to leverage a 3rd party tool (Ticket Tailor) for online ticket management for our nonprofit.  We also use Zapier for integrating Ticket Tailor with Salesforce.  Unfortunately, we're not able to search on a unique key against the CONTACT record since multiple people may share the same email address.  In order to confirm whether a user already exists in Salesforce, I'd like to have the ability to join fields including EMAIL, BIRTHDATE, and FIRST_NAME so that when the API calls the derived concatenated field, and compares the search value.

As an example, if the ticket system received a new registrant I would contenate NAME-BIRTHDATE-FIRSTNAME and compare the value with the value in Salesforce. How might I accomplish this in Salesforce?

Thank you kindly.
samdevsamdev
Create a formula field on the Contact.In formula field , choose "Output type" : Text and then use the formula Like : Name__c + Birthdate__c + Firstname__c 
bbernstebbernste
Thank you for the guidance.  Is there a way when I make an API call to find a Contact record that I can use the value in the formula field?  It appears the formula field is calculated on page load or field change events.  I was hoping it would be prepopulated on the Contact record.