function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Sumant KuchipudiSumant Kuchipudi 

How can we change User profile with Force.com License with bulk updates?

Hi,
I have a new profile and I need to use to around 200 Users but these are all with Force.com - App Subscription. I think we need to make Active=false and FederatonId is null, how can we do it for 200 users ? is it possible with dataloader? how can we do iti?
Nathan E.Nathan E.
So the attributes you are looking to change are as follows:

IsActive, boolean
FederationIdentifier, string

You can data load to these fields for sure, although from the documentation, it looks like FederationIdentifier might not be editable once set. Also, you will need to set your data loader (whichever tool you use) to insert null values. Make sure to turn that back off once you're done.

As for changing License Type, there are usually some pitfalls around this. If you are lucky, you can change the ProfileId of the user with a data load to a Profile that is using this License Type, and the License Type will automatically update (it is this way for Full and Platform licenses); however, SFDC in some cases will not let you downgrade a license, which means you would have to inactivate the current users, append ".old" (or something) to their username, and then clone them into the User table with the new ProfileId (which will automatically set the License Type).

Hope this helps!