function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
salesforcelearner1salesforcelearner1 

Password Echo

I have submitted my app to security review. I got " Password Echo" Issue.I wrote visualforce page to accept user name and password.These fields are stored in protected custom settings. I tried to solve it by changing  the inputfield to inputsecret, the characters are hided but security review is failed.
NagendraNagendra (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi,

Generally SF doesn't allow to store username/password in the system. If you do so it will throw an error as you are getting one.

Check if you can remove it and handle it in some other way that's the best you can do here.

If you are unable to remove it or this is a must-have point then create a document where explain the use case why you need this and why you can't remove it and send that document with your listing. It might help you.
SF also has a Security team available for this where you can schedule a call with them. Incall you can explain the use case and they might able to provide you some alternative solution or they accept it and will allow it to clear security review.

Hope this helps.

Kindly mark this as solved if the reply was helpful so that it gets removed from the unanswered queue which results in helping others who are encountering a similar issue.

Thanks,
Nagendra