function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Heather_HansonHeather_Hanson 

Strange Visualforce Glitch...looking for suggestions how to fix it

I have a Visualforce page that generates our company's orders.  It is in HTML and they can also render it as PDF. There is a portion of the page that pulls info from an "Opportunity Type" field as well as the "Opportunity Name" field.  Our "Opportunity Name" field is programmed to be auto set as "Account Name - Opportunity Type".  We have several Opportunity Types. 

The glitch that occured was that no matter what the opportunity type was, the Visualforce Page was showing Opportunity Type "MAC"...even in the Opportunity Name as well.

I checked all of my markup and found nothing that would cause this problem so I started looking at the fields themselves.  The account name was quite long, but didn't get cut off in character limits for the field, but I noticed that when I reduced the size of the account name my glitch went away, so it seems like there is some sort of character limit.

I'm not super technical and pretty much self taught so I'm hoping that it is just that I'm not aware of something and hopefully that it is a fixable issue instead of a glitch or limitation.

Any advice?