function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
om sai 10om sai 10 

visualforce development and lightning application development

hi,

Is visual force stll used to develop applications or it has been replaced by  salesforce lighning application development?.i  am not sure so please advice .

Thanks
HNT_NeoHNT_Neo
You can still use visualforce pages in the lighting app builder. Depending on how your visualforce pages were created and how they are laid out, you can possibly insert a visualforce page component inside your lightning page. More info can be found here: https://developer.salesforce.com/docs/atlas.en-us.lightning.meta/lightning/components_visualforce.htm
Raj VakatiRaj Vakati
Still you can use visualforce page in classic and lightning ..  But if you are making any developement on UI i will recomend to use the Lightning  .
Even you can call the lightning component from the visualforce page in classic experience ... 

om sai 10om sai 10
Thank you guys for letting me know.

I am not able to use Visual code for doing development for the lighting platform as I don't see  Command line interface commands reflected in the editor and I have deleted and reloaded salesforce  libraries several times but to no effect So I want to know , can I use Eclipse for doing development for lightning platform?Will i be able to everything that people can do using Visual studio.Please advice