function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Nasir SiddiquiNasir Siddiqui 

Disable IP range restrictions from a profile

How can i disable the IP range restrictions from a profile.
Currently i can see different IP ranges in that profile. If i delete all the IPs does it mean that there will
no IP restriction for that profile?
Best Answer chosen by Nasir Siddiqui
Pavit SiddhuPavit Siddhu
Hello, Nasir
Yes you are right. If No login IP ranges specified. Users from any IP address are allowed to log in with the profile.

You can restrict all access to Salesforce to the IP addresses included in Login IP Ranges in users’ profiles. For example, suppose a user logs in successfully from an IP address defined in Login IP Ranges. The user then moves to a different location and has a new IP address that is outside of Login IP Ranges. When the user refreshes the browser or tries to access Salesforce, including access from a client application, the user is denied. To enable this option, from Setup, enter Session Settings in the Quick Find box, select Session Settings, and then select Enforce login IP ranges on every request. This option affects all user profiles that have login IP restrictions.
You can also add IP in Network Access=>Trusted IP Range to access
Trusted IP Ranges define a list of IP addresses from which users can log in without receiving a login challenge for verification of their identity, such as a code sent to their mobile phone.

I hope it helps you.

Kindly let me know if it helps you and close your query by marking it as solved.

Thanks and Regards
Pavit Siddhu

All Answers

Pavit SiddhuPavit Siddhu
Hello, Nasir
Yes you are right. If No login IP ranges specified. Users from any IP address are allowed to log in with the profile.

You can restrict all access to Salesforce to the IP addresses included in Login IP Ranges in users’ profiles. For example, suppose a user logs in successfully from an IP address defined in Login IP Ranges. The user then moves to a different location and has a new IP address that is outside of Login IP Ranges. When the user refreshes the browser or tries to access Salesforce, including access from a client application, the user is denied. To enable this option, from Setup, enter Session Settings in the Quick Find box, select Session Settings, and then select Enforce login IP ranges on every request. This option affects all user profiles that have login IP restrictions.
You can also add IP in Network Access=>Trusted IP Range to access
Trusted IP Ranges define a list of IP addresses from which users can log in without receiving a login challenge for verification of their identity, such as a code sent to their mobile phone.

I hope it helps you.

Kindly let me know if it helps you and close your query by marking it as solved.

Thanks and Regards
Pavit Siddhu
This was selected as the best answer
Nasir SiddiquiNasir Siddiqui
Thanks Pavit