function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
linda blinda b 

Possibility in Salesforce to create unlimited contracts

Hello everybody,

I have a question for you regarding implementing a certain use-case our company is looking into.

Currently, our sales department uses Opportunities when doing the negotiation process with the Customer.

However, we are thinking of switching to the Contract standard object, and are wondering, how to implement a certain behavior in Salesforce:

Currently all of our products are booked for a certain amount of time, and they have a quantity of how many pieces have been booked/used. What we want to implement however, is per default within our application we give the customer to create a possibility to create an unlimited contract (price is taken from price book entries without any discounts), so he gets booked/invoiced every time he buys one of our products from this contract. My question is, what is the most preferable way to implement this kind of logic in Salesforce? Any help would be deeply appreciated.

linda blinda b
Just for transparency what I mean with unlimited contracts is that they should not have a quantity field, just the price.