function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Cheryl WoolseyCheryl Woolsey 

Lightning Flow module - 4th unit sOBJECT VARIABLES | opportunity | StageName doesn't exist

I'm working on the 4th unit of the Lightning Flow module and as part of the flow I'm supposed to do the following but there is no SOBJECT VARIABLES | opportunity | StageName. to choose. It's not a challenge but as I am new to process builder/flow I'm trying to follow along with the instructions whether they include a challenge or not.

I built the process in my dev org as I couldn't find the correct fields in my THP. Now I'm stuck so any help would be greatly appreciated. I've been stuck on this for hours.

Clone the Opportunity
When the flow is called by the process, the {!opportunity} variable will contain fields from the original opportunity. Before we clone that opportunity, let’s update some of the fields. That way, the renewal opportunity doesn’t start off as Closed Won.
From the Palette tab, drag an Assignment element onto the canvas.
Name it Update Opportunity Fields.
Set the stage to Prospecting.
For Variable, select SOBJECT VARIABLES | opportunity | StageName.
For Operator, select equals.
For Value, select PICKLIST VALUES | Prospecting.

Thanks!
Cheryl

RbnRbn
Hi chery,

For this you need create a sobject variable.

In the Assignment section - Go to Create New - Select SObject Variable

User-added image

Then a sobject creation screen should pop up. Please enter the below details and save it.

User-added image

Onnce you save the Soject variable screen, you would be redirected to the Assignment Screen And under SObject Varaiables - Stage - Select Stagename

User-added image
And after that you can see all the values of Stagename in the value picklist
User-added image

Let me know if it solves your problem.

Cheers
Rabi
Naren9Naren9
Hi Cheryl,
Before the Above Step, You have to create the SObject Variables,SObjectCollection Variables. Below are the Steps mentioned in that module.
1. To store the opportunity and its opportunity products, we create an sObject variable and an sObject collection variable. When we add the flow as an action in the process later, we pass data into these variables, so they must allow input access.
From the Resources tab, double-click sObject Variable and set these values.

To Do these, From Setup, enter Flows in the Quick Find box, then select Flows, and click New Flow
Navigate to Resouces Tab and double click.
User-added image

Now this sObject variable (opportunity), we have all the Opportunity Fields.

Now, in the Same Flow, Click on Pallete tab, Drag the Assignment.
then you will find the StageName under opportunity variable as shown below.
User-added image
User-added image

I hope this will help.

Thanks,
Naren

Cheryl WoolseyCheryl Woolsey
Hi @Rabi & @Naren,

Thank you so much both of your answers worked for me!
Cheryl