function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
daniel k 4daniel k 4 

Deploying unmanged package from one org to other

Hi All,

I have sandbox1 from org1 and sandbox2 from org2, I'm trying to create a package from sandbox1 and wanted to deploy in sandbox2.
Though org's are different, we still have few common custom objects. We have object1, object2, object3 as common in sandbox1 and sandbox2.

Now, the problem is each of these objects in each org has different fields.I don't want to lose existing fields in sandbox2 and just want to add the additional fields from sandbox1 to sandbox2.

How can we achieve this by package ?
Best Answer chosen by daniel k 4
Santosh Bompally 8Santosh Bompally 8
Hi Daniel, 
When you're uploading the package, Cherry pick the fields which you want to deploy and then upload. 
When you're installing the package, donot override the conflicting componenets, this may override your existing config in sandbox2. 
This will deploy your additional fields into sandbox2, without overriding or deleting existing data in sandbox2. 

Thanks,
Santosh 

All Answers

Hi Daniel, 

Just wondering why you want to achieve this only by package ??

daniel k 4daniel k 4
we generally create metada in an org and if we wanted to make use of that application/functionality we just package the metadata from that org and deploy in other orgs. 
what would you prefer in this case ?

I just want to understand if I deploy the package into new org, will the existing object structure be replaced with new one or deployment will fail?
I can't try this, as I'm not sure of the implications.

Thanks.
Hi Daniel, 
When you're uploading the package, Cherry pick the fields which you want to deploy and then upload. 
When you're installing the package, donot override the conflicting componenets, this may override your existing config in sandbox2. 
This will deploy your additional fields into sandbox2, without overriding or deleting existing data in sandbox2. 

Thanks,
Santosh 

This was selected as the best answer