function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
PseudodarwinistPseudodarwinist 

Web to Case is flawed

It's a shout out to experts working on cases coming from Web.I would like pick their brain on a peculiar scenario that we are facing.We are an Airline Org.When a passenger comes on web to create a case,he has to provide certain details which are not mandatory on the web.So if a passenger A comes to web and decides to provide his wrong Document number say 11111111 with his first name and last name,we create a client in Salesforce with that name and document number(if he doesnot already exist as client) and links the case with him. Now a passenger B comes for claims on web and decides to give his document number again as any random number say as 11111111. Now in this case what happens is we create a case and attach it to Passenger A.Since we think the document number 11111111 is for Passenger A.How can we apply a stringent check?Since First name and last nume can be same for people we cannot apply that check.
Santosh Bompally 8Santosh Bompally 8
A good question in recent times. Not sure if my answer suits your need, but i'll give a try. 

How can we apply a stringent check?
-- Host a salesforce public API for document check, if the document matches with existing document, alert the customer "Hey did you upload something on document created date ??" if he says yes, track this response on case and assign the document to exisiting passenger in your case Passenger A, Else, if he says no. create a new passenger B, and assign the case to him/her. and alert the agent using a checkbox field, saying there's already a document with the same number, which helps him to break it down. 

I've responded on how to host public API, use this (https://developer.salesforce.com/forums/ForumsMain?id=9060G0000005mOvQAI) if needed. 

Thanks,
Santosh