function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
ltcommanderltcommander 

Filtering by each pick list item on a pick list (Salesforce Report)

Hi, 

I think I have what is an easy situation but can't seem to find the answer. I have a custom field called Function__c (essentially a picklist). 

This field exists on the Contact page and then a custom object called Jobs__c

When someone clicks a button called MATCH on the contact page then through the URL link on the button, they are taken to a Report which will pass on the selected items of Function__c on the Contact page to a report which has this criteria

Function INCLUDES Infrastructure - ITIL; Support - Application; Production Support
(assuming Function__c on the Contact page is Infrastructure - ITIL; Support - Application; Production Support)

The problem is that I want to see Function INCLUDES *any of the 3 choices, i.e. either Infrastructure - ITIL OR Support - Application OR Production Support.

However, I am not sure how to do that. I know that in the report itself I can add a filter criteria and choose 1 OR 2 OR... But, I am not sure how to dynamically pass values from Contact -> Function__c to the Report and have it show a match on one of the values of the Function under Contact.

Would appreciate any advice!