function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Nick ValerioteNick Valeriote 

How to kick off a Design Flow based on a user's action (button click)

Hi SF Community,

I'm not a Developer, but am good enough at modifying existing code to meet some needs.  I could use some help with the following request, and wondering if Design Flow can accomplish this, as opposed to code?

Does anyone know how I can have a Flow triggered based on a user's action (clicking a save button)?

I want a Flow to trigger, which pops up and asks the user a question and then updates some records based on their answer, when a user clicks the Save button on an invoice (custom object).

Basically, when a user clicks the Save button when submitting an invoice (invoice__c), a pop-up appears asking them if they want to mark associated projects (projects that appear on the invoice record) as Completed. If they say yes, Flow will update the Status field on all associated project records to 'Completed' (it's a picklist on the project object).

Does anyone know what elements I would add in the Flow Designer (on my canvas) to incorporate this?

If it's not doable, how about a basic pop-up when a user clicks the Save button on an invoice, reminding them to close associated projects if necessary.

Thanks! Nick