function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Teran@18Teran@18 

Unable to Finish Processing Request while creating user

Best Answer chosen by Teran@18
Khan AnasKhan Anas (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Lavanya,

I trust you are doing very well.

This seems to be an internal error. For the workaround you can follow below steps:
  • Go to Setup -> Search in Quick Find: Feed Tracking
  • Go to the User object
  • Uncheck "Address" field
  • Click Save
  • Try to create User
  • Save
  • Go back to Feed Tracking and re-enable "Address" on the User object
  • Save

If the problem still persists, please try to capture a screenshot of the error that includes the URL and open a case with Salesforce Support.

I hope it helps you.

Kindly let me know if it helps you and close your query by marking it as solved so that it can help others in future.

Thanks and Regards,
Khan Anas

All Answers

Khan AnasKhan Anas (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Lavanya,

I trust you are doing very well.

This seems to be an internal error. For the workaround you can follow below steps:
  • Go to Setup -> Search in Quick Find: Feed Tracking
  • Go to the User object
  • Uncheck "Address" field
  • Click Save
  • Try to create User
  • Save
  • Go back to Feed Tracking and re-enable "Address" on the User object
  • Save

If the problem still persists, please try to capture a screenshot of the error that includes the URL and open a case with Salesforce Support.

I hope it helps you.

Kindly let me know if it helps you and close your query by marking it as solved so that it can help others in future.

Thanks and Regards,
Khan Anas
This was selected as the best answer
Michael Buchanan 4Michael Buchanan 4
I seem to be getting the same error also when attempting to create a user via a scratch org, getting the error below. Field tracking is not turned on on the User object so the post above didn't work for me, any ideas?

Unable to Finish Processing Request
An error has occurred while processing your request. The salesforce.com support team has been notified of the problem. If you believe you have additional information that may be of help in reproducing or correcting the error, please contact support@salesforce.com. Please indicate the URL of the page you were requesting as well as any other related information. We apologize for the inconvenience. 

Thank you again for your patience and assistance. And thanks for using salesforce.com!
Error ID: 76726080-67908 (38855314) 
Michael Buchanan 4Michael Buchanan 4
For those still experiencing this error, it is due to the Role selection when creating the user. The Role field is marked as Required within the Salesforce UI, and when selecting a role this error will be thrown. Turns out you really don't have to select a Role and when bypassing this the User is created successfully. I submitted a case for this