function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Harry GHarry G 

Update a picklist field based on another picklist field using process builder on the same object.

Hi ,

I have a use case wherein i need to update a picklist field of an object based on the changes done to another picklist field on the same obejct , please let us know if this can be done through process builder , if yes how can this be achieved??
Best Answer chosen by Harry G
Harry GHarry G
Hi Chetna,

I was able to figure out the solution for this , thanks for the resolution.

Thanks,
HG

All Answers

Khan AnasKhan Anas (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Harsha,

I trust you are doing very well.

You can do that Through the process builder.

User-added image

User-added image

User-added image

I hope it helps you.

Kindly let me know if it helps you and close your query by marking it as solved so that it can help others in future.

Thanks and Regards,
Khan Anas
Harry GHarry G
Hi Khan,

Thanks for taking your time , my requirement is not as straight forward as this , so let me know put it this way.

I have two Status fields on X object , one is a standard status field and another one is custom status field , so the standard status field is visible to customers and custom status field is visible to agents , trick is custom status field has more picklist list values than standard status field , more than two custom status picklist value may match to one standard picklist value , so when any of the custom picklist value is updated it should accordingly update standard picklist value.

What i mean by that is custom status field has A , B and C picklist values , standard status field has A as a picklist , so whenever we update A , B & C(custom status field) accordignly standard status field should be updated to A.

Let me know if my question is clear.

Thanks,
Harsha
Chetna SrivastavaChetna Srivastava

Hi Harsha, 

Yes, that can be done using process builder. 
In your process builder criteria, you can specify three different criterias as: 

1. Custom status field equals A 
2. Custom status field equals B 
3. Custom status field equals C 
and select the condition as "OR" instead of "AND" 
Under action, you can assign the value for standard picklist field and that should work. 

Regards, 
Chetna 

Harry GHarry G
Hi Chetna,

I was able to figure out the solution for this , thanks for the resolution.

Thanks,
HG
This was selected as the best answer