function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Brian11Brian11 

Can I do this with SSO single sign on?

I have an angular application using salesforce to save data and allowing users to Authenticate. I am currently building a salesforce lightning application and I want to be able to use SSO to seemlessly log into the angular application without out having to authenticate.

If this is possible can you point me into the right direction with materials or examples that I can reference. Its a new concept for me.
Matt Brown 71Matt Brown 71
So if I am understanding this correctly, in your Angular app you allow login and it utilizes SSO, but now you're wondering if your new lightning app can utilize that same session?   Is this lightning app outside of salesforce?
Brian11Brian11
Sorry let me clarify what I'm doing.
Application A = Is a lightning app that will be in the app exchange. People will be able to download the app without a problem. within this app there are links that take you to an external app that lives outside of salesforce enviroment. Lets say it goes to application B (which is an angular app).

Application B = is an angular app that takes a session Id to communicate with salesforce. Since Salesforce already provides a session Id when signing in. App B will just use that same cookie to sign in. App B cant utilize single sign on because its on a external location. (I'm assuming)

Application C = is a communities app in salesforce and should utilize SSO. My question is when you click on a link from Application A it should take you to Application C and sign you in. Keep in mind the user using App A is on the organizations Salesforce. How can use that same user to sing into App C?

I guess App C is where I'm confused. Will i have to keep a record of that user on my salesforce instance in order for anyone trying to access Application C from Application A to work seemlessly? 
Hithesh SaicharanHithesh Saicharan
Hi Brian,
I am also trying to use like same. Have you acheived it?