function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Kriti KhannaKriti Khanna 

Email limitations in marketing cloud

Hi,
I am planning to buy a marketing cloud edition, can someone tell me what are the limitations on number of mails per edition per day.
Regards,
Kriti
NagendraNagendra (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Kriti,

You can send mass email to a maximum of 5,000 external email addresses per day per org based on Greenwich Mean Time (GMT).

The following additional limits apply to mass emails.

The single and mass email limits don't take unique addresses into account. For example, if you havejohndoe@example.com in your email 10 times, that counts as 10 against the limit.

You can send an unlimited amount of email to your org’s internal users, which includes portal users.

You can send mass emails only to contacts, person accounts, leads, and your org’s internal users.

In Developer Edition orgs and orgs evaluating Salesforce during a trial period, you can send mass email to no more than 10 external email addresses per day. This lower limit doesn’t apply if your org was created before the Winter ’12 release and already had mass email enabled with a higher limit. Additionally, your org can send single emails to a maximum of 15 email addresses per day.

You can’t send a mass email using a Visualforce email template.

For more information check this out:  Hope this helps.

Kindly mark this as solved if the reply was helpful.

Thanks,
Nagendra
Kriti KhannaKriti Khanna
Hi Nagendra,
Thanks for the reply but I'm aware of limitations in sales cloud, I am more concerned about email limitations in marketing cloud editions.
I would also like to know where can I check my data/email usage in marketing cloud.