function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Dave PierreDave Pierre 

How to obatin client id and client secret

Hi guys, 

I been reading other people posts about how to obtan clientId and clientSecret for the application im developping.  The posts have benn telling me to go under Apps and click on App manger and create an app but when I do it there is no options of app manger for some reason. Does anyone have any solutions for this or any explanation why ?
 User-added image
Naren9Naren9
App Manager-->New Connected App on Right Side top.
User-added image
Thanks,
Naren

Raj VakatiRaj Vakati
When you develop an external application that needs to authenticate with Salesforce, you need to define it as a new connected app within the Salesforce organization that informs Salesforce of this new authentication entry point.

https://developer.salesforce.com/docs/atlas.en-us.api_rest.meta/api_rest/intro_defining_remote_access_applications.htm

1. Use the following steps to create a new connected app.
  2. Use Salesforce to create a new connected app.
  3. In Lightning Experience, use the App Manager to create connected apps. From Setup, enter App in the Quick Find box, then select App Manager. Click New Connected App.
  4. In Salesforce Classic, from Setup, enter Apps in the Quick Find box, then select Apps (under Build | Create). Under Connected Apps, click New.
  5. Enter the name of your application.
  6. Enter the contact email information, as well as any other information appropriate for your application.
  7. Select Enable OAuth Settings.
  8. Enter a Callback URL. Depending on which OAuth flow you use, this is typically the URL that a user’s browser is redirected to after successful authentication. As this URL is used for some OAuth flows to pass an access token, the URL must use secure HTTP (HTTPS) or a custom URI scheme. Separate multiple callback URLs with line breaks.
  9. The callback URL field has a limit of 2000 characters, cumulatively. If you enter several URLs and they exceed this limit, configure another connected app to manage more callback URLs.
  10. Add all supported OAuth scopes to Selected OAuth Scopes. These scopes refer to permissions given by the user running the connected app.
  11. Enter a URL for Info URL. This is where the user can go for more information about your application.
  12. Click Save. The Consumer Key is created and displayed, and the Consumer Secret is created (click the link to reveal it).
Dave PierreDave Pierre
It was because I dont have an admin account. Thank you for all your input
Andrew HayterAndrew Hayter
I found it this way:   Setting - Apps - App Manager - Find your previously created Connected App in the list - use the pull-down to VIEW.

Image of Consumer Key & Secret
By the way, if you are looking for your Security Token:
Login to your SF instance using the username you need the token for, then use this URL (put your own domain after the HTTPS):
https://[SalesforceDomainHere]/_ui/system/security/ResetApiTokenEdit?retURL=%2Fui%2Fsetup%2FSetup%3Fsetupid%3DPersonalInfo&setupid=ResetApiToken

Good luck!

Andrew HayterAndrew Hayter
Oh, and to view authentication attempts:
https://um5.salesforce.com/0054J0000023AbF?noredirect=1&isUserEntityOverride=1&retURL=%2Fui%2Fsetup%2FSetup%3Fsetupid%3DPersonalInfo&setupid=AdvancedUserDetails