function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Alberto SpagniAlberto Spagni 

Visual flow in visualforce - Language issues

Hi,
I am running a visual flow embedded in a visualforce page through flow:interview, since I need to show it on a Force.com Site.
I'm using custom labels in the flow, in order to be able to use it for multiple languages.
My goal is to pass the language to the visualforce page with a URL parameter (and it works), so I can usa a single flow by changing only the URL, and I don't have to make a different flow for every language.

The problem is that the visual flow ALWAYS use the system language, and ignore the language I'm passing to the visualforce page.
The VF page takes the language correctly with the language={!$CurrentPage.parameters...} component.

I've tried everything but I can't make it work. Any ideas?
Thanks in advance
Alberto SpagniAlberto Spagni
More details:
  • Translation in visual flow doesn't work for field labels. I've tried to use translation workbench for the flow object and to use a formula with custom label inside the flow. Nothing works.
  • If I've a picklist inside the flow connected to a field, the picklist options are translated in the correct way. Same thing for radio buttons.
MarkHBMarkHB
Did you ever find an answer for this?  I realize it's a few years old but I'm having the same issue.
northen greynorthen grey
hello, 
It seems like you've set up the URL parameter correctly to pass the desired language to the Visualforce page, but the visual flow still uses the system language instead of the one you're passing. This might be due to the fact that the language settings are determined when the flow starts, and changing them during the flow might not take effect. As i know in your Visualforce page, before you embed the flow using <flow:interview>, you can set the user's language based on the URL parameter. You can do this by using JavaScript to modify the user's language settings. You'll need to use the sforce object to change the language. 

After setting the language using JavaScript, you can then embed the flow using <flow:interview> as you're currently doing. The flow should now start with the updated language setting.By changing the language before starting the flow, you're essentially ensuring that the language settings are in place when the flow begins execution. Keep in mind that this approach might need further adjustments and testing to work seamlessly with your specific use case and Salesforce setup. 

Remember that modifying Salesforce behavior using JavaScript might have limitations and could potentially be impacted by changes in Salesforce updates or security settings. It's always a good idea to thoroughly test any customizations in a sandbox environment before deploying them to production.    https://www.paybyplatema.ltd/