function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
James Williams 23James Williams 23 

Account settings not there

I am at https://trailhead.salesforce.com/modules/admin_intro_accounts_contacts/units/admin_intro_accounts_contacts_relationships and cannot get past the first part of instructions. It says to type Account Settings in the Quick Find box, and then select Account Settings. But I when I type that in Quick Find, I get 0 results. I assume this a permissions thing, but I have no idea how to change the permissions to allow me to see Acount Settings. For the record, I am doing this on my own. I do not have a company admin or anyone to ask. Just an unemployed IT guy trying to learn the basics of Salesforce.
Akashdeep LNUAkashdeep LNU
Hi James,
I have few question in order to fix this:
1.Could you please help me with how you are completing your trailhead module. 
a. By log In to Salesforce .
b. By Trailhead Playground.

2.What is your Profile when you logged in to salesforce.
Navigation to check Profile: Under Qick find box type User ->Click on User-> Under profile coloumn check your Role.

Thank You
James Williams 23James Williams 23

Akashdeep:

I must confess I don't understand your first question. I thought Trailhead and Salesforce were the same. I sign into what I believe to be Salesforce and it takes me to Trailhead. At any rate, see the URL I provided in the original post. Keep in mind that I know very little of Salesforce so the terms are not familiar.

That said, I figured it out. When I typed "Account Settings" in the Quick box, I didn't notice the answers were populating right below that spot. I simply hit the Enter key, because it's a search box, so I was looking for results of a search. I now realize that's not the way it works. I see Account Settings in that little tree under the box and all is good. Thanks. 

Akashdeep LNUAkashdeep LNU
Hi James:
Great you figured it out.
If you have any question understanding the salesforce let me know. I would be happy to help you.

Thank You