function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
SarikaPSarikaP 

Is it possible to retrieve the details from a custom object of prior account's details on contact object? (Contact's prior record)

Hello,

If a contact changes from one account to another, we make that record an obsolete record and create a new contact record under another account.
We have a look up custom field "Prior Contact Record" which is filled in, in the newly created  contact record.
Now a person can do some certifications when he is in one account and now when he changes the account, we still are interested to see his certification details in newly created contact record. Reason being irrespective of any company he owns his certifications.
I was thinking to create a custom object "Prior Certification Details" but my concern can i create a trigger that helps me to add the prior contact record's certification details on the newly created record when the "Prior contact record" is filled in.
Kindly advise.

Thanks
Jolly_BirdiJolly_Birdi
Hello @sarika

Yes, it would be possible via trigger or you can proceed with the Process builder as an example whenever the new contact is created and having the Prior Contact Record value then it will automatically create a record. It would be easiest way to proceed.

Thanks,
Jolly Birdi

Please mark this as best answer if you find it positive,