function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Martin Hawes 13Martin Hawes 13 

Creating Force.com project in Eclipse will not complete

I go to create a new Force.com project. I get here and the next button won't work.
force.com project logon window

Known:
  • I know the data entered is correct. (The abouve has dummy data in it for security reasons).
  • It isn't a proxy or firewall issue.
  • I've tried redownloading Eclipse again and installing to a different directory. Made no difference. 
  • Java is up to date. 
  • Tried a different PC in the office - works fine on that unit. 
Best Answer chosen by Martin Hawes 13
I'm fixed. The issue was a security one where the folder needed to input data needed to be created by Eclipse when a project is created. Due to the security rights to Eclipse as set by the AD admin, Eclipse would not work. The AD admin changed the rights and Eclipse is now working as expected.  

All Answers

Raj VakatiRaj Vakati
What is the Java Version and Eclipse version ?

Refer this link for version compatability 

​https://developer.salesforce.com/docs/atlas.en-us.eclipse.meta/eclipse/ide_install.htm

I have both the latest version of Eclipse and Java. This is a fresh download and install using the instructions from https://developer.salesforce.com/docs/atlas.en-us.eclipse.meta/eclipse/ide_install.htm
Bump - anyone got any ideas on how to fix this? I talked to my Account exec and another developer - no idea on how to fix this. Any suggestions would be welcomed.
I'm fixed. The issue was a security one where the folder needed to input data needed to be created by Eclipse when a project is created. Due to the security rights to Eclipse as set by the AD admin, Eclipse would not work. The AD admin changed the rights and Eclipse is now working as expected.  
This was selected as the best answer
Óscar Seraji-BozorgzadÓscar Seraji-Bozorgzad
How did you solve it out? I´m stuck with same problem. I am using mac. How can I provide eclipse permissions? @martin hawes 13
dinesh Devaraj 7dinesh Devaraj 7
i need solution for same problem where you change the admin rights.please give me solution

Thanks

Tracy Oden 31Tracy Oden 31
Did anyone find the fix to this. I am having same problem. I realize it may be security related from previous post, but how to go about fix?
Run Eclipse as admin. 
Ankit Kalsara 6Ankit Kalsara 6
Hi Martin.. I am facing similar issue. Even after running Eclipse as an administrator. I am unable to proceed to project creation !
Eclipse has to run with full admin rights and the folder where input data is to be kept has to have admin rights to it. Try that. 
Amber Kelpe-DeanAmber Kelpe-Dean
Has anyone figured out how to fix this? Our IT department has no idea what the answer marked as best is talking about. I am an admin on my PC already.
Hind Alaasemi 21Hind Alaasemi 21
run as admin and still no response, any idea how we can solve it pleasssssssss! also where I can find the input data folder?
Hi  Hind Alaademi 21. Yes its because of the version of java.You need to have version 8 as far as I remember if your version is the newest you will get that kind of error.  But use sfdx 10 although vast majority of tutorials are with this old eclipse but the future is with VC and Sfdc x
Hi @Óscar Seraji-Bozorgzad, But when I have Java version 8 it tells me can't run eclipse you need java version 12 or later
@Hind Alaasemi 21 I faced the same issue in my mac in February. But one month ago I was focused on solving it since I wanted to learn Apex following tutorials that teach from scratch. I dont have any coding background.

And the issue was that. I removed Version 12.0 and reinstalled version 8.0 also SFDX and visual code were not working because of my java version. Now I can use both of them. So I would suggest you double check tackle this issue.
Are you using also mac?

BR,
Óscar
 @Óscar Seraji-Bozorgzad IT WORKED!!!!!! Thank you so much. I wish I can give you the best answer checkmark!!
I wish I had had someone to tell me that was the issue xD. I dont know if its useful having at least one best answer but it would help all of these guys and girls ;) who are tackling this issue. Is nothing related to admin rights but the java version. So Im happy to hear you can start coding btw which tutorials you are following?
@Óscar Seraji-Bozorgzad why you just start a new question with the answer and mark it as the best answer. right now I'm just following some youtube videos and trailhead for learning more developing skills but I used to use eclipse for backup and archiving. actually, at my current job, we also need it along with GitHub for back up the release and new developments
Hi Friends! I can also confirm that the issue I was having was from using JDK 12. Once I rolled that back and installed JDK 8, I had zero issues. I am still not sure how that answer above was marked as best answer but at least we have a record of what is working for some us anyway. :) 
sindhu bandari 3sindhu bandari 3
please explain step by step to slove this I am facing same issue.

Thanks
SIndhu

Hi @sindhu bandari 3 from your PC go to the system and remove your JDK 12 after you have done go to c:\program and confirm is not exist. once everything completed, you need to install JDK-8u221-windows-x64 and that will solve the issue. please let me know if you need any help.

thanks, 
HA 

Yep @sindhu bandari 3, you just need to uninstall JDK 12 and install JDK 8. That solved it for me and my coworkers.