function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
mukesh guptamukesh gupta 

Case Reopen by Email

Hi Expert,

I want to reopen a case when any email comes from user. what i implemented:-

I creaed a workflow that execute on when agent close a case with email template taht's have a case thread id. but when customer reply this email then related case shouuld be reopen and this mail should be add in Email related list on that case.

Please suggest.

Regards
Mukesh​

NagendraNagendra (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Mukesh,

Sorry for this issue you are encountering.

May I suggest you please refer to below steps which will help you achieve the above requirement.

Description:
Sometimes a case is closed, and then the customer replies with new information or a new issue. The email gets attached to the original case, however, since the case is closed, there's no notification that the customer is waiting on a response. We'll show you how you can use a simple workflow rule/field update to reopen such cases.

Resolution:
  • Go to Setup.
  • Under "App Setup" or "Build" click Create | Workflow & Approvals | then Workflow Rules. 
  • Click New Rule. 
  • Select Email Message as the Object the workflow rule applies to.
  • Click Next. 
  • Enter a name for the workflow rule and select when it should be evaluated. 
  • Enter the following criteria to enable the workflow rule to fire when an email is inbound and the case is closed: 
  • Email Message: Is Incoming' equals 'True.
  • Case: Closed equals True.
Please note that you can add more to the rule, but these are the only steps truly required
        5. Click Save & Next.
        6. Click Add Workflow Action. 
        7. Enter a name for the Field Update and then set the Status case field to update. 
        8. Select the value you would like the re-opened case to be set to, and then Save (please note, you might want to add a new Case Status value for "Case Reopened", to signify when one is reopened via email - you'll need to have that value created before you can select it.) 
        9. Activate the rule, and you should be able to make it work. 

Hope this helps.

Kindly mark this as solved if the reply was helpful so that it gets removed from the unanswered queue which results in helping others who are encountering a similar issue.

Thanks,
Nagendra
mukesh guptamukesh gupta
Hi Nagendra ,

yes, you are right, but your process work after then a email add on case,

but how to get email in particuler case. Example
1. customer received a email when case has been closed.
2. After if cusomter reply this email then case should be reopen, but how i get this email in  case related list "Email". 

Please suggest.

REgards
Mukesh