function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
María Jesús CarmonaMaría Jesús Carmona 

Remove role filter on reports

Hi,
We had our report filtered by "all" (i.e. "all oportunities"), now it appear as "all oportunities under role: X".
I think that this is a change from the latest release, but we need to be able to filter by just "all" like we had before. 
Is there some way to achieve that without creating more roles?
Thanks.
Best Answer chosen by María Jesús Carmona
Solved itself, I think Salesforce put back the "Show all Opportunities" filter.

All Answers

Khan AnasKhan Anas (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi María,

Greetings to you!

Click on Filters -> Show Me -> Clear Selection

User-added image

User-added image

Also, according to this doc (https://help.salesforce.com/articleView?id=000181746&type=1), the Role Hierarchy controls data access in standard reports and some Analytics apps. Some roles may not be able to pull comprehensive Activity Reports or Opportunity Reports and some Analytics apps may not function properly without a specific Role Hierarchy configuration.

Here are the Role Hierarchy best practices for reporting to avoid potential data issues:

Create a role that exists alone at the top level of your organization and use it to run your reports if you need organization-wide reports (generally named "CEO").

If your organization has multiple roles at the same level at the top of the Role Hierarchy, your organization will be sectioned into "departments" or "branches." Without a single, top-level role, Users in different "branches" of the Role Hierarchy may not be able to report on Activities across the entire company in reports, even if they have the "View all data" and "Modify all data" permissions enabled on their profiles.

I hope it helps you.

Kindly let me know if it helps you and close your query by marking it as solved so that it can help others in the future.

Thanks and Regards,
Khan Anas
Solved itself, I think Salesforce put back the "Show all Opportunities" filter.
This was selected as the best answer
BarryBarry
We experience the same problem. Though we know how to clear the selection of the filter and save the report (also save report as other name), the filter returns after refreshing or logging in as another user.

Needs to be fixed!
Kristi WardKristi Ward
I built an Opportunity report for Management.  I keep removing the Role Filter. I save it and send them the link. When they click on the link the filter is back and they See NO RESULTS!!!   Management doesn't have time to mess with changing filters. It's supposed to be READY for them to look at... How do I make the Role Filter GO AWAY PERMANENTLY???  I want the Report to STAY as I SAVED it!!
Petr Hyka 9Petr Hyka 9
Hi, Kristi, is it likely you are using a custom report type? Kindly see the related article (http://help.salesforce.com/s/articleView?id=000385379&type=1). P.