function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Lavanya Sanathkumar 44Lavanya Sanathkumar 44 

MUTUAL_AUTHENTICATION_FAILED

When I am trying to insert records to Salesforce using ARC(OAuth2) getting below error Error: This session could not be mutually authenticated for use with the REST API
{
"message": "This session could not be mutually authenticated for use with the REST API",
"errorCode": "MUTUAL_AUTHENTICATION_FAILED"
}

403 Forbidden

But this working fine before. I getting this error suddenly.

Can anyone help me with this?

Thanks in advance
Best Answer chosen by Lavanya Sanathkumar 44
Khan AnasKhan Anas (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Lavanya,

Greetings to you!

This is a message from Salesforce that indicates that the password has expired or it is incorrect.

According to Salesforce doc, If a login call is made from the API for a user with an expired or temporary password, subsequent API calls to custom Apex REST Web service methods aren't supported and result in the MUTUAL_AUTHENTICATION_FAILED error. Reset the user's password and make a call with an unexpired password to be able to call Apex Web service methods.

Please change your password and check again.

I hope it helps you.

Kindly let me know if it helps you and close your query by marking it as solved so that it can help others in the future.

Thanks and Regards,
Khan Anas

All Answers

Khan AnasKhan Anas (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Lavanya,

Greetings to you!

This is a message from Salesforce that indicates that the password has expired or it is incorrect.

According to Salesforce doc, If a login call is made from the API for a user with an expired or temporary password, subsequent API calls to custom Apex REST Web service methods aren't supported and result in the MUTUAL_AUTHENTICATION_FAILED error. Reset the user's password and make a call with an unexpired password to be able to call Apex Web service methods.

Please change your password and check again.

I hope it helps you.

Kindly let me know if it helps you and close your query by marking it as solved so that it can help others in the future.

Thanks and Regards,
Khan Anas
This was selected as the best answer
Lavanya Sanathkumar 44Lavanya Sanathkumar 44
@Khan Anas Thanks for the reply. Now it's working fine after I changed the password

Regards,
Lavanya 
Gururaj BGururaj B
We are getting this same error even though the users profile password Policy is "User Password expires in"="Never Expires". Why so?
Jorge Mejia V 2Jorge Mejia V 2
@ Gururaj B did you ever find out what the issue was ? you were still getting this error even thought your profile specific pw policy is set to never expires ? i'm running into the same issue.