function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
SFHelpMePleaseSFHelpMePlease 

contacts and account lookup

Hi Everyone,
The contacts and account lookups work well on the standard objects.
I have created some custom objects and have been able to set up relations between account and my custom object. 
Data displays well in the reports.

My issue is I cannot add contacts to this report.
I have tried setting up lookup fields on both the account and contact objects, no luck (contact fields are blank)

In the report types, I tried adding the contact  object using a look up field (contact fields are blank).
Can you offer any detailed instruction on how I can create a report to show
Accounts, Contacts and my custom object  or  Contacts, Accounts and my custom object?

Thanks

RbnRbn

Hi SFHelpMePlease,

Did you tried making use of custom report types in Salesforce.

Navigate to Setup -Create -Report types and there you can create a report type with all these 3 objects.See below fig.

User-added image

Here Job Application is the custom object.

Let me know if it helps.

Cheers.
Rabi

Thanks, yes I did try but my custom object is not available to the contacts object.
RbnRbn
Do you have a relationship established between your custom object and the contact object?
How did you set up your relationship on contacts and job applications?
What I would really like is to set up a report in this order, contact, account and custom object.  If you can set it up in that order can you share your lookup information on the contact and account objects.  I tried multiple ways but cannot seem to figure it out.  Thanks for your assistance!!!