function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Internal PartnerInternal Partner 

Why a time based workflow sends the first email before the scheduled date?

Hi all,

I created a time based workflow with an email alert. The time dependent workflow action should run 24 hours after the Rule Trigger Date and with this send an email alert.

Once the criteria are met, the workflow is firing, which is correct. But it is sending the email already once the workflow has been triggered. My expectation is to get the email at first 24 hours after the Rule Trigger Date. I am receivng the email twice: once the workflow is triggered and 24 hours+ after the Rule Trigger Date.

For example, I fired the the workflow today Wednesday at 10 am and although I am supposed to receive the first email on Thursday at 10 am, I am receiving the first email already immediately after firing the wokflow, at 10 am today. I receive a second email on Thursday at 10+ am. Why? Am I missing something? is this normal?.

There is not another  workflow firing in parallel, so I don't understand this behaviour.

This is my workflow:

Name of the workflow: Workflow Example Test
Object: Object_X
Criteria: Checkbox__c EQUALS True
Evaluation Criteria:	Evaluate the rule when a record is created, and any time it's edited to subsequently meet criteria

Time-Dependent Workflow Actions:

24 Hours After Rule Trigger Date

Email Alert: Send Example Email
From Email Address: test@gmail.com
Recipient: test2@gmail.com
Email Template: Test Email Template
Object: Object_X

I would appreciate any help.
@Amit Kumar Giri@Amit Kumar Giri
Time Dependent WF will not trigger mail immeditely. It will be sceduled as per the hours/day set. There must be something else sending mail. I have replied to your original post @trailblazer community. Cross check the steps i mentioned there once.