function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Yogesh Malbhage 18Yogesh Malbhage 18 

Image in Rich Text Field is not visible in HTML template emails

I have a custom Rich Text Field in custom object which is used in HTML email templates. Normally this field would have images and text. The text content is visible in the email, but image is not visible in the emails received by the users.
I am using the following tag in the email template to display the rich text field (Special_notes__c):
{!custom_object__c.Special_notes__c}

Also, I tried with storing the image in Static Resourses as well as in Documents (in classic) but the bug mentioned above still continues.

what could be the possible reason and how to resolve this issue?

Thanks in advance.
Best Answer chosen by Yogesh Malbhage 18
NagendraNagendra (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Yogesh,

Sorry for this issue you are facing.

After checking with Salesforce Support. it seems Images in RTF field is not supported in Emails.

Please find the response from the support team on the above issue.

This is because the image is not available externally and is only accessible by internal users can log in to your Org. They recommended uploading images to the documents tab first if you want to send it via email.

Below is a related article that mentions we recommend uploading email template images to the Documents tab: As a workaround, they suggested uploading images from an external web address instead. When you add image in the rich text field, instead of uploading the image, you need to enter the URL of the image.

Hope this helps.

Kindly mark this as solved if the reply was helpful.

Thanks,
Nagendra