function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Jake Hebert 22Jake Hebert 22 

Critical Update Bug? Add a Namespace Prefix to Query Parameters and pageReference.state Properties

This critical update is breaking several of my lightning components that use the URL to receive parameters. It is stripping out parameters, however none of my fields or parameters are part of a managed package. They aren't "query parameters". Not sure why anything related to pageReferences would even affect my lightning components since I'm pretty certain the lightning framework doesn't care about "pageReference.state" at all.

This feels like a bug to me. If I tell that to salesforce support (which I'm about to do anyway) they are going to tell me that I don't have developer support and to come check the forms. *smh*

Here is an example of the URL that gets produced when I have the critical update off:
https://hs--deviv.lightning.force.com/lightning/n/RecordCreatePage?Object=Account&RecTypeId=01241000000VE0hAAG&ReturnRecId=0013C000009sJ9NQAU&Name=Test2018-09-28&ParentId=0013C000009sJ9NQAU&Account_Type__c=Franchise&BillingCity=Austin&BillingCountryCode=US&BillingPostalCode=78701&BillingStateCode=TX&BillingStreet=123%20Some%20Street2018-09-28&ShippingCity=Austin&ShippingCountryCode=US&ShippingPostalCode=78701&ShippingStateCode=TX&ShippingStreet=123%20Some%20Street2018-09-28&POS_Type__c=a0F3C0000007OyoUAE&Concept__c=a033C000001LHOGQA4&OwnerId=00541000000k4fPAAQ&Customer_Success_Manager__c=null&Sales_Rep__c=null

Here is clicking the exact same link with the update off:
https://hs--deviv.lightning.force.com/lightning/n/RecordCreatePage?Account_Type__c=Franchise&POS_Type__c=a0F3C0000007OyoUAE&Concept__c=a033C000001LHOGQA4&Sales_Rep__c=null

So, a whole bunch of seemingly random parameters just get deleted upon navigation. Doesn't seem like that's something the update is supposed to do. Any thoughts? Anybody else having this issue?

Jake Hebert 22Jake Hebert 22

(Really wish I could edit my own posts or comments... whatever.)

For further context, this is navigating from a URL button on the lightning page layout. Not touching any managed code, managed pages, not even any managed fields. Feels like it should be 100% unrelated to this update, however I'm certain that it works great with the update disabled and breaks as described above when the update is activated.