function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
JoeyLenJoeyLen 

Org code coverage at 59% so I can't load a test class to fix it

So I am trying to load 2 Apex Classes, a Visualforce component and an Email template. Getting 71% coverage. My org is at 59%. I have written a test class to hopefully cover one of the classes that has 0% coverage but can't because I can't get coverage. I tried to use Workbench to delete the offending classes but can't because I can't get coverage. I have no active triggers in my org outside of installed packages so this shouldn't impact my coverage. What am I missing? If I can't load the fix because I can't get coverage, what do I do?
Best Answer chosen by JoeyLen
Raj VakatiRaj Vakati
While deployling you can choose run only local test class or run specific test classes and you can pass the test class if you have more than 75 % for those test classes  whihc you are trying to deploy 

All Answers

JoeyLenJoeyLen
So how does this calculate to 59%????
User-added image
Raj VakatiRaj Vakati
While deployling you can choose run only local test class or run specific test classes and you can pass the test class if you have more than 75 % for those test classes  whihc you are trying to deploy 
This was selected as the best answer
JoeyLenJoeyLen
Raj I appreciate it but I have tried both. And the test class for the components are in the inbound change set.
JoeyLenJoeyLen
Hey Raj, you were right. I went through this with a progammer friend and we deleted the problem class by evaluating the delete against an existing test class that I knew was at 100% coverage. To me this process seems to fly squarely in the face of the phrase "code coverage" but maybe I am missing something.