function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
AbAb 

two way communication between salesforce and other application

Hello,

- I want to develope a solution where i can communicate with a third party application.
- the communication will be in two way.

1) I should call the third party system (i suppose i should call a webservice, i have done this one before)
2) should expose the salesforce o the third party system (never tried it)

Can someone guide me he concept behind 1 & 2, what do they mean in Salesforce  ?
Also, wha are they called in salesforce, so i can find some corresponding code on inernet ?

Thank you very much in advance

Best Answer chosen by Ab
Raj VakatiRaj Vakati
1) I should call the third party system (i suppose i should call a webservice, i have done this one before) 

You can use SOAP or Rest API to call the external System ..based on the source of truth you can make calls to the target system and get the data 

I will say yes .. But before designing an web services from the salesforce .. check with the third party system if they have any web services. if so you can use them rather than building form the scratch ..

All Answers

Raj VakatiRaj Vakati

You can use SOAP or Rest API to call the external System ..based on the source of truth you can make calls to the target system and get the data 

I will say yes .. But before designing an web services from the salesforce .. check with the third party system if they have any web services. if so you can use them rather than building form the scratch ..

This was selected as the best answer
AbAb
Hi Raj,
Thank you for information.
For point 1, is very clear to me.
For point 2, are there any sources on internet where i can look if i need to build a webservice from scratch.
Thanks in advance.