function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Natasha AliNatasha Ali 

REST API with third party app GET POST?

Hi,
I'm quite clueless when it comes to APIs and I need some guidance to understand how a certain API will work and the process of making it so.
So we have a third party online e-learning app (called bksb) where learners do assessments and we manually input the results on the record. They have a bunch of APIs ready to use and I need to know how to make our Salesforce org to retrieve (GET) but also (POST) learner's information.
The process would be:
 On the Learner's record, a status change would trigger bksb (the third party software) to create an account using the learner's SF information (NAME, DOB, EMAIL ADDRESS). Using the POST api/users/createUser method

Once the user logs in and completes the assessment, then retrieve the results and pull through to populate fields on the Learners' record in Salesforce.  Using the GET api/results/initialAssessment/{userId}/all?page={page}&recordsPerPage={recordsPerPage} and 
GET api/results/diagnosticAssessment/{userId}/all?page={page}&recordsPerPage={recordsPerPage}

How would I go about implementing this? What would I need to do from our Salesforce org side?

ANY help is much appreciated!
Natasha :)

Best Answer chosen by Natasha Ali
Khan AnasKhan Anas (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Natasha,

I trust you are doing very well.

Please refer to the below link which might help you further with the above requirement.

https://www.veonconsulting.com/salesforce-rest-api-explained/

I hope it helps you.

Kindly let me know if it helps you and close your query by marking it as solved so that it can help others in the future. It will help to keep this community clean.

Thanks and Regards,
Khan Anas