function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Albane RigaudAlbane Rigaud 

Custom object, object permission for profile

Hello, I created a custom object. I would like to manage the profile permissions (Create, Read, Edit, Delete, View All, Modify All). However I get an error message when I try to save my modifications on a profile:

"Please fix the following:
Permission Create Data Provider Alternate Connections depends on permission(s): Read Data Providers
Permission Delete Data Provider Alternate Connections depends on permission(s): Read Data Providers
Permission Edit Data Provider Alternate Connections depends on permission(s): Read Data Providers
Permission Read Data Provider Alternate Connections depends on permission(s): Read Data Providers"

The problem is that I am unable to save my modification on Profile Overview > Object Settings
Thank you for your help!
User-added image
Albane Rigaud
Best Answer chosen by Albane Rigaud
NagendraNagendra (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Albane,

Sorry for this issue you are facing.

This situation arises when the Read Data Providers object's organization-wide permission is set to "Private".

As per the Error message, to give access to Read Data Providers, you should at least have Read access to Read Data Providers object.

So If the profile doesn't have Read access to the Read Data Providers object then the error will be displayed. Try giving Read access on Read Data Providers object which should probably resolve the issue.

Please check with below link for a similar issue. Hope this helps.

Please mark this as solved if it's resolved.

Best Regards,
Nagendra.

All Answers

NagendraNagendra (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Albane,

Sorry for this issue you are facing.

This situation arises when the Read Data Providers object's organization-wide permission is set to "Private".

As per the Error message, to give access to Read Data Providers, you should at least have Read access to Read Data Providers object.

So If the profile doesn't have Read access to the Read Data Providers object then the error will be displayed. Try giving Read access on Read Data Providers object which should probably resolve the issue.

Please check with below link for a similar issue. Hope this helps.

Please mark this as solved if it's resolved.

Best Regards,
Nagendra.

This was selected as the best answer
Albane RigaudAlbane Rigaud
@Nagendra Thank you very much for your message! very helpful