function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Peter Martensen 8Peter Martensen 8 

Can I prevent a "before insert, before update" Apex Trigger from firing if a checkbox = true?

I need to prevent an Apex Trigger from firing during the cloning of a record.  Can I use the value of a checkbox to prevent the trigger from firing?
Best Answer chosen by Peter Martensen 8
Raj VakatiRaj Vakati
Ty like this

trigger triggerCase on Case (after delete, after insert, after undelete, after update, before delete, before insert, before update) {
    if(Trigger.isBefore){
		if(Trigger.new[0].checkbox__c){
		// Do do any tiink	
			// You can move all before logic in the apex class and call the class from the trigger
		}else{
			call logic here 

}

}

}

All Answers

Raj VakatiRaj Vakati
yes .. try like below 

trigger triggerCase on Case (after delete, after insert, after undelete, after update, before delete, before insert, before update) {
    if(Trigger.isBefore){
		if(checkbox__c){
		// Do do any tiink	
			// You can move all before logic in the apex class and call the class from the trigger
		}else{
			call logic here 

}

}

}

Peter Martensen 8Peter Martensen 8
Rajamohan, Thanks for the response. I put my field name “IsCloned__c” into the code you wrote, and I get an error that the variable does not exist. Do you know what I’m doing wrong? Peter
Raj VakatiRaj Vakati
Ty like this

if(Trigger.isBefore){
		if(Trigger.new[0].checkbox__c){
		// Do do any tiink	
		}else{
			call logic here 

}

}

}

This was selected as the best answer
Rahul Chaudhary OfficialRahul Chaudhary Official
Hey Peter,

try

if(Trigger.Before) {
    for(YourObjectName obj : Trigger.new/old(depending your scenario)) {
        if(obj.IsCloned__c) {
           //Do your logic
        }
    }
}
Cromer JonesCromer Jones
To solve the issue in Salesforce, one of the solutions is to create a Wrapper class with the hashcode and equals method in the class. The hashcode method creates a unique id for the individual wrapper class instance. This unique id is in turn used by Salesforce to ensure uniqueness of the records mypremiercreditcard (https://mypremiercreditcard.me).
ray carryray carry
try this
if(Trigger.Before) {
    for(YourObjectName obj : Trigger.new/old(depending your scenario)) {
        if(obj.IsCloned__c) }
else{
(Trigger.new[0].checkbox__c)
}

}
    }
}
I hope you get best answer then contact me at Mypremiercreditcard (https://mypremiercreditcard.website)