function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Brad MoonBrad Moon 

Multi select picklists

Hey Guys,

I'd like to do something that probably isn't possible but I was directed here from the generic help site so here it goes.

I have a custom Multi Select Picklist with values that are populated from a Global Set. What I would like to do is be able to populate the MSP on the Account and Contact Layouts with extra (already defined) entries when uploading new data with the Import Wizard.

e.g. If we met someone at a tradeshow, entered their data in March and then met them again at a different tradeshow in September, when I upload the new CSV with the new tradeshow picklist value the old one doesn't get overwritten but the new one is added into the field.

I hope that makes sense and, as a fun added caveat, I have absolutely no programming/developing experience so if it is possible please explain it to me like I'm five.

Thanks!
Paul S.Paul S.
In theory: yes, you could do a before update trigger to see if the value in your CSV was already shown as a selected value in your MSP field.  If not, make the new value of that field equal to whatever was already there + the value in your CSV.