function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
HARISH S 11HARISH S 11 

lookup filters on a lightning input field is not working as expected

Guys I have embedded a lightning component on a VF Page, so there is a lighting lookup field on my component, the lookup is perfectly working fine except onething. So usually when we start typing in a lookup field it does show a magnifying glass below.
For example here when I start typing it shows the account names. So I have an account name called "test". So If I have type until "te" it is showing a magnifying glass symbol below my lookup field but when I click on it it is not showing a list of account names starting with "te". I can understand that it is not working as this component is called from VF Page.

So if I click on the below highlighted region there are no pop-ups with account names starting with "te". This functionality works very well if it is a standalone lightning components added into a lightning App Builder. Screenshot on lightning input field
NagendraNagendra (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Harish,

Sorry for this issue you are facing.

May I request you please confirm If You are using 
lightning:recordEditForm https://developer.salesforce.com/docs/component-library/bundle/lightning:recordEditForm/example in your code?

This component is not supported in lightning out (VF pages) - you can see in the doc in the upper right corner the supported containers:

Lightning Experience, Lightning Communities, Salesforce Mobile App
You should see in that list Lightning Out / Visualforce if that component was supported in lightning out (in VF pages).

Hope this helps.

Kindly mark this as solved if the reply was helpful.

Thanks,
Nagendra
HARISH S 11HARISH S 11
Hello Nagendra,

Is there any other way to achieve this functionality? 

Thanks,
Harish