function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Durai MuruganDurai Murugan 

API Enable option not showing in profile

Hi,
We have subcribtion user. We need to enale API in that account. We just click Setup=>Manage Users=>Profiles=>System Administrator.
We did not find the "API Enable" option under "Administrative Permissions". What will do? any others steps do before that?
Please suggest.

Thanks&Regards,
Durai
Khan AnasKhan Anas (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Durai, 

Greetings to you!

Maybe your user is assigned to a custom system administrator profile. That's the reason you don't have the permission to view that option.

Basically, the API is automatically enabled by default on the following editions:
1. Enterprise Edition
2. Unlimited Edition
3. Developer Edition
4. Performance Edition

The API package is not available for purchase in the following editions:
1. Contact Edition
2. Group Edition

The API feature might be requested for the following editions via purchase:
1. Professional Edition

However, if Salesforce has not enable API for some profile, we can enable it using the permission set to enable API for a particular profile user.

Go to:
  • Setup -> Quick Find -> Permission Sets -> New -> Enter Name -> Choose the license for which you want to enable API -> Save
  • On the Permission Set Overview screen, scroll down to the System section.
  • Click on the System Permissions link. Select Edit at the top of the list on the System Permissions page. Then check the 'API Enabled' box.
  • Save your changes.
  • Select Manage Assignments at the top of the page.
  • There, you will add the users that you would like to have this permission set.

I hope it helps you.

Kindly let me know if it helps you and close your query by marking it as solved so that it can help others in the future. It will help to keep this community clean.

Thanks and Regards,
Khan Anas
Durai MuruganDurai Murugan
Hi Khan Anas,

Thanks for your reply.
I am using Spark edition which doesn't have API enabled. Is it possible to get API access for Spark edition? Or, Should we upgrade edition? Please advice!

Thanks,
Durai
Khan AnasKhan Anas (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Durai,

Yes, you are right. Spark edition don't have API access. And as far as I know, you cannot enable API access for Spark edition.
However, I suggest you please contact Salesforce support for more information.

Regards,
Khan Anas