function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Kris RyanKris Ryan 

Trailhead project: Build a Community with Knowledge and Chat, Enable and Configure Lightning Knowledge issue

Hi,
I am having trouble with the Trailhead project Build a Community with Knowledge and Chat, specfically the Enable and Configure Lightning Knowledge. The badge says to create a Knowledge Record Type of 'FAQ'. I do not see anywhere, where you can create a Record Type for the Knowledge Object.

There are Knowledge Article types, which have the fields that are displayed in the example. But there is no way to create a Record Type for them.

I can create Record Types for the Linked Articles, which I did, but when I verify this step, the error message comes back and says:
Challenge Not yet complete... here's what's wrong: 
Could not find a Knowledge recordtype named 'FAQ'.

Am I doing this correctly or are there issues with this Trail due to Summer '17? It's a brand new badge, so it must be me.

Thanks!
Best Answer chosen by Kris Ryan
VamsiVamsi
Hi,

We have record types for KB in lightning, So please switch to lightning and give it a try.

User-added image

Please mark as best answer, If the above helps ..!!

All Answers

VamsiVamsi
Hi,

We have record types for KB in lightning, So please switch to lightning and give it a try.

User-added image

Please mark as best answer, If the above helps ..!!
This was selected as the best answer
Kris RyanKris Ryan
Thank you, Vamshi! I thought I had tried that, but obviously not. I have now passed it!
Charles ThompsonCharles Thompson

This no longer works.   Perhaps a change in Summer'17?   The problem is that the "knowledge object" is now called "Article", not "Knowledge".

I managed to get around the problem by renaming the object, verifying the challenge, then changing the name back again:

1. In your trailhead practise org:   Setup > Quick Find > Knowledge > Knowledge Object Setup
2. Knowledge Base Detail > Edit
3. Object Name: Knowledge
4. Save
5. In Trailhead: Verify Challenge   ... it should be successful
6. Back to Knowledge Object Setup > Knowledge Base Detail > Edit
7. Object Name: Article
8. Save

Whew!

Blanka Doktorova 1Blanka Doktorova 1
Hi, 
I am stuck with the same.. but these two options no longer work...
Error: Could not find the three specified Knowledge articles. Ensure that you have created them.

When I change the Object Name to Article Trailhead can't find the previous FAQ.. 

So I Suppose this is not a mistake with the Object Name but With the Article (since FAQ are with Name Knowledge fine)

I opted for continuing the challenge but not getting points and a badge... :-(
Thanks
Blanka
rama dattanarayanarama dattanarayana
It worked for me and the challenge is through
vinesh shampoorvinesh shampoor
Hi All,

In add branding & components to the community, object type: case is not available to select for adding to navigation menu.
Please help me in proceeding further with the project.