function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Mohamed AzarudeenMohamed Azarudeen 

Queries in Bigobjects

1) How can I create bigobjects in SFDC? As per documentation, itis available in create-> bigobjects.. but it is not available.
2) where will bigobjects records are stored? what is the cost for 1 gb? 

NagendraNagendra (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Azaruddin,

BigObjects let you store and manage large amounts of data on the Salesforce platform.

Within Force.com, objects are used to store and access data. Different kinds of objects are provided with different capabilities to align with different use cases. Standard Objects store data as defined by Salesforce while Custom Objects are created to store information unique to your organization. External Objects are provided to connect to data that is stored outside of your Salesforce organization.

Define and Deploy Custom BigObjects • Populate a Custom BigObject • Query BigObjects BigObjects are similar in that they capture data for use within Force.com and are accessible via a standard set of APIs to clients and external systems. What differentiates BigObjects is that they have been built to provide consistent performance whether there are 1 million records, 100 million, or even 1 billion records.

The data does not count against your database storage.  This data is not stored in the same Oracle database like the rest of your objects are.Instead, they are stored in something like HBase on the backend.

For more information may I suggest you please check with below link which might help you accelerate further. Hope this helps.

Please mark this as solved if it's resolved so that it gets removed from the unanswered queue which results in helping others who are encountering a similar issue.

Thanks,
Nagendra

Mohamed AzarudeenMohamed Azarudeen
Thanks. currently I have below storage in my system.

2015 - 100 GB
2016 - 100 GB
2017 - 75 GB

we want to delete 2015 and 2016 records in sfdc and also we need to create  a Data Archival for 2015 and 2016 Datas for report purpose. because we paid to sfdc for last 3 years. Do you havre any suggestion  back up and archival of sfdc data?

Is bigobject really useful for this scenario?  How many GB will reduced? How will i enable Bigobject in my production and sandbox?