function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Duane MateskiDuane Mateski 

I am unable to initialize sample data in the Platform Development Basics -> Get Started with the Salesforce Platform. I am also having problem getting my playgrounds to load. Is it an issue with salesforce? Playground webpages won't load.

Hello, as from the title of my post I am having problems with some simple stuff, but I assume it's a problem with my companies connection or salesforce.

My playgrounds will get created, but when I go to launch them it comes up with "This page can't be displayed", and even after refreshing 5+ min down the road, nothing happens.

Also, during my sample data initialization. I would let it pend for about 5-10 min before I'd try to refresh the page, but it also wouldn't go through.
The internet at my company is a little slow today, but everything else seems to work fine, so I am not sure if it's a salesforce related issue or not.

Thanks for any insight.
Best Answer chosen by Duane Mateski
Hey Abby,

So I figured it out. Our company operates through the cloud (internet explorer) I switched to outside the cloud as well as used google chrome as my browser. I was able to finish this exercise no problem after that.

Hope that helps!

All Answers

Abby BeckerAbby Becker
I am having the same problem. I am using Internet Explorer, I don't know f that could be part of the proble? I'd also like some insight on this issue!
Hey Abby,

So I figured it out. Our company operates through the cloud (internet explorer) I switched to outside the cloud as well as used google chrome as my browser. I was able to finish this exercise no problem after that.

Hope that helps!
This was selected as the best answer
Paulina KnibbePaulina Knibbe
I am running the Salesforce Platform Tutuorial: Get Started with the Salesforce Platform

These are the first two instructions:

Scroll to the bottom of this page.
Click the arrow next to Launch and select Create a Trailhead Playground. Don’t skip this step! You need to use a fresh and clean Trailhead Playground for this module.

There is no 'Arrow next to Launch' at the bottom of the page.  There seems to be no way to create a Trailhead Playground.

How do I get started ???
Gbolahan JolapamoGbolahan Jolapamo
Hello everyone,

I am runin into a slightly different error. I have the initialized the sample data by clicking on the data import tab and here is the response below:

There was an unhandled exception. Please reference ID: WTJOLLCQ. Error: Faraday::ClientError. Message: INVALID_TYPE: select id from Broker__c limit 1 ^ ERROR at Row:1:Column:16 sObject type 'Broker__c' is not supported. If you are attempting to use a custom object, be sure to append the '__c' after the entity name. Please reference your WSDL or the describe call for the appropriate names.

Any ideas?