function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
TanuTanu 

Duplicate username error on production

Hi All,

Being an admin, I am using my same username in sandbox and production. If i update another user's username, I am getting error that Username already exist. Even i have checked in sandbox, my all users are having different username.

Could you please suggest how can i update their username on production. 

Thanks
Tanu
Sumeet_ForceSumeet_Force
Hi tanu,
as far as a username is found in some other instance of Salesforce , it will not be allowed. Kindly check in other sandboxes or if the users have used that ID in other individual dev instances.
TanuTanu
Hi Sumeet,
It can be a possible that users are having same username in other instance,thats why i am not able to update.. but how system accepted my same username in sandbox and production. ideally i should also receive an error. but i did not receive.. thats my confusion.

Thanks 
Tanu
Sumeet_ForceSumeet_Force
same user name is not accepted ideally even in SB & Prod. Could you please provide side-by-side screenshots if they are having same values ?? strange behaviour though...
TanuTanu
Please find below the screenshots. I am not sure whether it is visible or not.

Sandbox:
Username in sandbox

Production: 
username in production

Sumeet_ForceSumeet_Force
Its visible....and You are right !! I could replicate the issue. It accepts the same username. I also did some tests in Prod & SB usernames. I think I can partially come to conclusion that all usernames are to be unique but only across Prod and similar uniqueness is being observed across Sandboxes. Though this is something new I have observed, thats what I could conclude based on my tests of trying to create duplicate existing usernames in my Prod and SB environments.