function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
1542VeMan1542VeMan 

Can't reset Default Record Type on Standard Profile due to Permissions errors??

I created a Record Type on a Custom object and assigned it to all profiles. That means it became the default Record Type for that object on Custom and Standard Profiles. 

Now when trying to change the default record type back to Master on the Service Cloud profile, I get an error:

Permission Modify All Data depends on permission(s): Create and Set Up Communities
Permission Download AppExchange Packages depends on permission(s): Create and Set Up Communities
Permission Author Apex depends on permission(s): Create and Set Up Communities

I would love to just add the Create and Set up Communities on the Service Cloud Profile, but there is no way to edit it, since its standard and thus there is no way to change the default record type back to Master since it won't save until that permission is added. . Never mind that I don't have Communities enabled in the first place. In future, I'll be more vigilant not to assign Record Types for anything to standard profiles, but this seems like a glitch.

Anyone know how to either bypass this headache so I can finally delete the unnecessary record type?
HARSHIL U PARIKHHARSHIL U PARIKH
I think it is a glitch for some profile! But however, there is a solution for it.

I would say when you go to one of your regular profile (Let's say system admin) then go to the "Custom Record Type Setting" section, and then look for your obejct. Once you find your object it will saw you the associated record types available for that object. Once you click "Edit" button you will ve directed to the screen from where you can select and de-select the record types. (At this point have this URL handy sicne we are going to use it in miniute)

Now, for the profile ( e.g.,Service Cloud Profile) who doesn't have that "Custom Record Type Setting" section at all, I would suggest to go to that profile and copy the ID from the URL. (it will look something like this : 00e46000001Arcz)

Now, go back to that handy URL and just chnage id after the ID=  from the URL to the new profile ID (which is 00e46000001Arcz)  and you are good to go. Because now the URL is accommodating that new profile for which you have chnaged an ID for. You will also see the USER PROFILE NAME has changed once you change the ID in URL and hit the save button.

Hope this helps!
HARSHIL U PARIKHHARSHIL U PARIKH
User-added image