function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
占一 逯占一 逯 

Objects transplantation

I wanna transplant custome objects and standard objects(have custome field) from a sand productive enviroment to another test enviroment. How to achieve it?
Best Answer chosen by 占一 逯
GauravGargGauravGarg
Hi,

The deployment process depends on the what type of Salesforce Org you are using let say:
  1. Production - TO - Sandbox / Developer: 
    1. go to sandbox: create or update existing sandbox
  2. Sandbox - TO - Production:
    1. Change set: create new outbound change set and deploy it in production. 
    2. Classes and Triggers would require additionals testclasses to deploy the code. 
  3. Sandbox-to-sandbox:
    1. Change set: create new outbound chagne set and deploy. No Test classes required for code. 
  4. Developer - To - Sandbox:
    1. Eclipse IDE: Copy all the metadata to eclipse and deploy to another org. 
    2. Mavensmate: Fetch the metadata from one org and deploy in another. 

There are other deployment tools available as provided in above comment by Shruti. 

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Gaurav

All Answers

Sukanya BanekarSukanya Banekar
Hi,

Use change sets to do so. You need to add custom objects as well as all the fields in the change set.

from setup -> change set and create new change set.

Thanks,
Sukanya Banekar
Shruti khodaboleShruti khodabole
Hi,
There are a variety of tools/technologies for transplant custome objects and standard objects from a sandbox to production (or vice versa, or to another sandbox):

1. Cloud Deploy (Beta) - Under Setup | Deploy, you can easily construct "change sets" containing components to copy between your sand productive enviroment to another test enviroment.  This is the simplest, most approachable option.

2. Force.com IDE - Our developer plugin for the open source Eclipse IDE lets you download your configuration and code as text/XML files.  The "Deploy to Server" feature lets you upload these files to another organization, using the Metadata API.

3. Force.com Migration Tool - This library for the Apache Ant build scripting tool lets you retrieve and deploy components using the Metadata API from within an Ant script.

4.  Metadata API - If you're so inclined, you could always write a custom SOAP client for the Metadata API, or purchase onel written by a third party (such as DreamFactory SnapShot).  The Metadata API is available in Enterprise Edition, Unlimited Edition, Free Force.com Edition, and Developer Edition; but not in Professional Edition. 

I recommend you check out the following document to better understand how to use these features in conjunction with Sandbox.  (It was published before Cloud Deploy was released, so it does not discuss the use of change sets.)

https://na1.salesforce.com/help/doc/en/salesforce_development_lifecycle.pdf 

Thanks,
Shruti Khodabole
Salesforce Developer
http://www.zen4orce.com
GauravGargGauravGarg
Hi,

The deployment process depends on the what type of Salesforce Org you are using let say:
  1. Production - TO - Sandbox / Developer: 
    1. go to sandbox: create or update existing sandbox
  2. Sandbox - TO - Production:
    1. Change set: create new outbound change set and deploy it in production. 
    2. Classes and Triggers would require additionals testclasses to deploy the code. 
  3. Sandbox-to-sandbox:
    1. Change set: create new outbound chagne set and deploy. No Test classes required for code. 
  4. Developer - To - Sandbox:
    1. Eclipse IDE: Copy all the metadata to eclipse and deploy to another org. 
    2. Mavensmate: Fetch the metadata from one org and deploy in another. 

There are other deployment tools available as provided in above comment by Shruti. 

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Gaurav

This was selected as the best answer
占一 逯占一 逯
Appreciate for replies. I think mine is Sandbox - TO - Production/Developer . But I did not find "Change set" in setup menu...
Sukanya BanekarSukanya Banekar
If it is sandbox then the option should be there if you are not able to find that then you can deploy via eclipse. 
https://developer.salesforce.com/docs/atlas.en-us.eclipse.meta/eclipse/ide_pro_deploy.htm
GauravGargGauravGarg
Hi,

If you are not getting option for "outbound change set", that is possible only in two conditions:
  1. You do not have permission to deploy change set. Please contact you org system administrator or Admin collegue to provide permission or to deploy change set.
    1. https://releasenotes.docs.salesforce.com/en-us/summer16/release-notes/rn_deployment_change_sets_modifyalldata.htm
    2. Above doc, provide you insight of permission required for deployment. 
  2. You are using developer account. 
    1. Please follow above steps. 

Please let me know if you need any help from my side.

Thanks,

Gaurav
Email: gauravgarg.nmims@gmail.com