function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Glenn Nyhan 54Glenn Nyhan 54 

Can Process Builder create a New Record on a Related Object?

I have a picklist field on the Contact object. The only choice is 'Yes'. When the user selects Yes, I want Process Builder to create a new record for that Contact on a related object called WPA. Can't seemed to get this set up correctly. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 
Best Answer chosen by Glenn Nyhan 54
raji Gallaraji Galla
Hi, WP A Name is mandatory in WPA object, we need to map in process builder with contact name Or any string. And activate the process. [image: Inline image 1] Thanks, G

All Answers

goabhigogoabhigo
Can you post screenshots? This should work if there is a relationship between the objects.

--
Abhi
DeepthiDeepthi (Salesforce Developers) 

Hi Glenn,

You can check the similar posts for your requirement.

https://developer.salesforce.com/forums/?id=906F0000000kCtFIAU 
https://developer.salesforce.com/forums/?id=906F0000000DBxxIAG 
https://help.salesforce.com/articleView?id=000213419&language=en_US&type=1 

Hope this helps you!
Mark this as Best Answer if it addresses your issue.
Thanks,
Deepthi

raji Gallaraji Galla
Hi Glenn,
Find the following steps:
Criteria Name  àCondition are metà
Select Field , Operator (equal),Type (Pick list),Value (True)
Immediate action:
Map the WPA object fields with contact fields as follow.
User-added image
 Hope this helps you!
Mark this as Best Answer if it addresses your issue.
Thanks,

Tried the suggested approaches still not having success. Here are my screen shots:

User-added image

User-added image

User-added image
raji Gallaraji Galla
Hi, WP A Name is mandatory in WPA object, we need to map in process builder with contact name Or any string. And activate the process. [image: Inline image 1] Thanks, G
This was selected as the best answer
goabhigogoabhigo
What happens when you create the contact record (ensuring the picklist value is Yes) ? Please note that this will work only for new records, since your process will start Only when record is created. If nothing happens on contact creation, please open debug log and see if there is any trigger/flow stopping this creation (open the debug log IF there is a trigger written on WPA or Contact object). Also there can be some validation rule on WPA object, ensure the field values satisfy the validation rule conditions.

Please post the observations here.

--
​Abhi
goabhigogoabhigo
Also, do you see 2 WPA in step 3? If yes, try selecting the 2nd one and check.
Ok, finally got it to work. The issue was that I have two picklist fields with the same label but with different API's and I had choosen the wrong one. I also discovered that I did not need the WPA name in the Record Create module. Here is the final result. Thanks everybody for your help and patience, much appreciated!

User-added image