function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
ranjit Pisal 10ranjit Pisal 10 

Time Dependent Workflow is rescheduled if any of the field from or condition is updated

I have a workflow on Account where criteria is if any of 4 fields are null then schedule email alert after 5 Hrs, but in between if any one of the 4 field is updated email alert is recheduled for next 5 Hrs from Moditied date which i don't want.
I have put OR condition in criteria 
Please help
GauravGargGauravGarg

Hi Ranjit,

If any of the 4 fields get updated, what do you want workflow to do.

Also, please paste the condition of workflow. 

Thanks,

Gaurav

@GauravGarg If any of field is blank then mail alert should be go on scheduled date, if any one field is filled with value it should not reschedule the email triggering date.
GauravGargGauravGarg
Hi Ranjit,

This is the time-based workflow working model, that whenever a record is update it will recalculate the crtieria and schedule the workflow as per the requirement. 

If you need this to fire on the basis of previous date value. please follow below steps:
1. Create a one formula field, that will evaluate to true whenever a field is null. 
2. Create a custom date field which will contain the date value, the workflow should fire. 
3. Update the workflow condition based on the above Formula field. 
4. If workflow rule criteria evaluate to true then schedule workflow based on the new custom date field.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,
Gaurav​
HARSHIL U PARIKHHARSHIL U PARIKH
Is this is your requirment ?

Let's say Account has four fields named f1, f2, f3, f4. Now if all of them are blank then schedule an email alert which would fire after after 5 hours.
If user provides a value in f1 and leaves f2, f3, f4 blank then reschedule an email alert which would fire after after 5 hours.
If user provides a value in f2, and leaves f1, f3, f4 blank then reschedule an email alert which would fire after after 5 hours.
and so on and son on....
If the above requirement is correct then I think you need to create a several time triggers though.... unless there is a better way of doing it.

I would do the following:
1) Create a time trigger which sends an email when f1, f2, f3, f4 all are null
2) Create a time trigger wich sends an email when F1 != null but F2, F3, F4 are null. (If this time trigger wakes up then the first one (1) automatically gets cancaled.)
3) Create a time trigger which sends an email when F2 != null but F1, F3, F4 are null (If this time trigger wakes up then all othe one before gets automatically cancaled.)

4) same thing........ F3 != null but F1, F2, F4 are nulll
5) F4 != null but F1, F2, F3 are null
6) F1 and F2 are != null but F3, F4 are null -- Create a time trigger
7) F1 and F3 are != null but F2, F4 are null -- Create a time trigger
8) F1 and F4 are != null but F2, F3 are null -- Create a time trigger
9) F2, and F3 are != null but F1, F4 are null -- Create a time trigger
10) F2, and F4 are != null but F1, F3 are null -- Create a time trigger
11) F3, and F4 are != null but F1, F2 are null -- Create a time trigger

This way at a time only one workflow time trigger is waking up and if one wakes up all other gets cancled by themself.

Hope this helps and mark it best answer if it gives you an answer for your query!
@Govind Guru My requirement is if any one or two fields are filled it should not reschedule the email alert. email alert should go on previous scheduled time only
HARSHIL U PARIKHHARSHIL U PARIKH
So you are saying if F1 != null and F2, F3, F4 is null then it should get scheduled for 5 Hours.
Now if user enters value in F2 (at this point F1 and F2 has values and F3 and F4 are null) then it should not reschedule the email alert and the previously schedule email alert should also cancel? or it should not cancaled ?