function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
AbAb 

Changing account hierarcy for exsisting accounts | Impacts ?

Hello,

I have two account which have a certain Account hierarcy with them.

I want to put one of the account below the other, what impacts shoud i need to consider.
and where can i check technically for impacts if any
thanks for suggestion!
Best Answer chosen by Ab
GauravGargGauravGarg
Hi Sandrine,

Placing one account under another Account is termed as Re-parenting of Accounts. The impact of Reparenting is shown below:
Let say Account name be A1 and A2. And A2 will be placing under A1. 

1. A1 will be the top parent, that can access all the child account of A1 as well as A2. 
2. The account team on A2 will be followed / replaced by A1 account team. Because only Parent Account can have Account Team functionality. 
3. All the members of A1 account team will be able to view A2 account. 
4. Need to explicitly add A2 account team member to A1, else they will lose the visibility. 
5. A2 owner will be changed to A1 owner ( I am not sure about this). 
6. All the child records of A2 account will be merged under A1 and will follow A1 visibility . sharing rules.
Also, in future if A1 will be re-parented, then A2 will be automatically reparented to someone else. 

Hope this helps, let me know if you have any particular query related to re-parenting.

Thanks,
Gaurav

All Answers

GauravGargGauravGarg
Hi Sandrine,

Placing one account under another Account is termed as Re-parenting of Accounts. The impact of Reparenting is shown below:
Let say Account name be A1 and A2. And A2 will be placing under A1. 

1. A1 will be the top parent, that can access all the child account of A1 as well as A2. 
2. The account team on A2 will be followed / replaced by A1 account team. Because only Parent Account can have Account Team functionality. 
3. All the members of A1 account team will be able to view A2 account. 
4. Need to explicitly add A2 account team member to A1, else they will lose the visibility. 
5. A2 owner will be changed to A1 owner ( I am not sure about this). 
6. All the child records of A2 account will be merged under A1 and will follow A1 visibility . sharing rules.
Also, in future if A1 will be re-parented, then A2 will be automatically reparented to someone else. 

Hope this helps, let me know if you have any particular query related to re-parenting.

Thanks,
Gaurav
This was selected as the best answer
AbAb
Can you tell me what happens to exsisting sharing rules ?
GauravGargGauravGarg

Hi Sandrine,

I dont think there would be any impact on sharing belongs to Acount A or B. Only when both Parent Account and Child Account have same sharing rule condition, Parent Account sharing rule will be on priority. 

Thanks,

Gaurav