function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
sooraj kesavadassooraj kesavadas 

How to let users in Salesforce Community view only their contact record and edit them?

I have created a Salesforce Community using Napili template. From the builder option, I have created two tabs for both Contact and Opportunity but when I login as a user, I can view all the contacts and opportunities in the org. Can I restrict this, so that the user can only see some fields from his contact and attachments from his opportunity? Can I do this using point and click or do I need visulaforce for this?

Thanks
Best Answer chosen by sooraj kesavadas
Rahul KumarRahul Kumar (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Sooraj,
  • Read, Create, and Edit access in the Permission Set is giving them object access, but what you need to be concerned about is record access.
  • To check record access, you need to go into Setup and go to Sharing Settings. I'm guessing it's set to Public Read/Write currently. If if you only want them to edit their own, set the default to Public Read Only.
  • This will make it so they can see all records for this object, but will only be able to edit their own. Additionally, you can uncheck Grant Access Using Hierarchies if you'd like.
Hope it will be helpful.

Please mark it as best answer if the information is informative.

Thanks
Rahul Kumar